Skin created by Special Forces. Find more top of the line skins at Alienation Skins.

WELCOME
ALL NEW MEMBERS ARE WELCOME!! PLEASE READ ALL OF THE WELCOME SECTION!!

RPG-D FindingSerenity
Announcements
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! COME JOIN THE FUN!

IMPORTANT LINKS
Home
Rules
Testimony
Registration Process
Celeb Claim
Who's Who
Common Q&A
Current Team Rosters
Team Leaders Area
Narrator Asylum
Admin Safehouse

QUICK LOG-IN

Username: 
Password: 

STAFF

CAESAR DRAKE

Head Admin

???

Narrator

Top RP Sites

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

CREDITS
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

» A New Summer
Caesar Drake
 Posted: May 20 2018, 08:42 PM

HEAD ADMIN - RONIN

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

It had been four months since the Halbexians had kidnapped several students and left Earth's orbit with them. For a week, they had hurtled across the blackness of space on a one way trip to another planet. There were losses. Some never made it more than a day or two before they were killed. Students and faculty among them. Their lives were extinguished callously.

Those who survived had fought back. They generated enough of a force to contend with that they distracted the Halbexians from returning home. It was a fight made strong enough that it enabled some of the Crusaders the ability to track them down and stop the escape. They managed to return back to Earth with the survivors.

The Halbexian ship had caused tremendous physical damage upon lifting off and taking its abductees with them. The physical damage to the Crusader Academy was sizable. The site of the ship leaving was seen for miles and ended up on social media and the internet. The effect was to raise serious questions about its location, how it had remained secret for so long and why it had remained secret. Obadiah Reliance, the Crusaders' PR man, had told the truth as much as he could. Some things and places needed to be kept out of the public's eye for their own safety.

In the months which followed, there were repairs to be done. It was decided originally the students needed to head to the local high school and immediately start integrating. However, Dr. von Germeten, the head of the Crusaders organization decided on a different path. For the rest of the Spring semester, the students would remain on the grounds of the Crusader Academy and allowed to spend that time decompressing. With the promise that in the Fall Semester, they would attend the local high school for academics but would live and train at the Academy until they had graduated the Crusaders standards.

There was a mass funeral for those who had fallen. All had been required to attend. The Crusaders themselves showed up to pay their respects. After the funeral, most of them swore it would not happen again then disappeared to handle a couple of brewing crisis situations.

Less than a month later, the dormitory was fixed up enough so the students could all move back into it instead of staying in the main academic building. By mid-April, most of the buildings had been repaired. There had also been a required daily discussion period started up, usually involving a topic of interest.

As the mid-May passed, the students certainly felt more relaxed with little pressure on their shoulders. There were new instructors including an alien who had apparently been living in the local town undercover and watching the Academy.

As the Friday before Memorial Day weekend rolls on, Roland McBride (the headmaster) is leading the daily discussion period out on one of the lawns. The sun is out with little cloud cover. It is just hot and humid enough to appreciate the light breeze blowing through the trees and bushes near the lawn. "Okay, so we have talked about a variety of topics so far this semester. So here is a question. If you did not have your powers, what would you want to do with your life? This is for everybody now."

--------------------
"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

War is changing. Killing, however, is constant.
^
Gwen Stark
 Posted: May 21 2018, 11:17 AM

GAMER

Group: Student
Member No.: 100

She dreaded going to school, even if it was a local one close to the Academy. Most of that was due to the fact Gwen had dealt with being a recluse due to parental issues in the past, and during her time here she had tried to break out of her shell...but now she felt like crawling back into her world of pixelated characters and stories where she was in charge. Thankfully though, the staff has decided to wait until the fall to ‘integrate’ them back into the world...even though the brunette teen still felt that was a bad idea. Sure they had some real world experience with the alien attack, but what if someone couldn’t hold their cool long enough and lost it?

So here she was on the green, roasting in the sun and in the back of the crowd, playing he new handheld like no one’s business. The question had come up on what the kids would do if they didn’t had their powers...as in if things hadn’t happened the way they did, what would they be doing now? Gwen scoffed; she already knew the answer to that. Her little ‘field trip’ to Three Mile Island was the source of her getting her powers sure, but if that hadn’t happened, her life would still be in the miserable heap it was when this whole thing started. Probably out of school, on the street somewhere, nowhere good by any means.

But she doubted that the headmaster wanted to hear that ‘sob story’ in her life. So Gwen Stark, otherwise known as Gamer, continued to sit in the grass and play her game, her attention focusing squarely on beating a mini-boss.

--------------------
^
Stella Del Rey
 Posted: May 27 2018, 10:00 PM

CORONA

Member No.: 147

A warm wind blew the jaw-length golden locks hanging from the crown of Stella's head as she floated above the grass and listened to Headmaster McBride. After the Academy's horrific experience aboard the Halbexian vessel, she'd been left with a dreadful scar along the right side of her head. She'd layered her hair out almost enough to cover the mark in naturally dark brown folicles, and shorn the rest of the hair off the sides and back of her head to match the length. Her decision to alter her look so drastically shocked those around her almost as much as waking up from an involuntary experimental surgery shocked her, but Stella wasn't the same vapid idiot anymore and no longer wished to appear as such.

She crossed legs covered in a clinging pattern of multi-colored jigsaw puzzle pieces. An oversized aqua T with the sleeves hacked off covered a yellow tank and synched at the waist with a white belt bearing the iconic Ferrari horse on the buckle. The rest of the shirt hung down like a skirt as she rocked a white on white Jordan back and forth and tried to process the Headmaster's question. What would the students do if they didn't have their powers?

Never one to know when to keep her mouth shut, Stella called out above the rest of the gathered student body.
"I don't get it. I can fly, so I can't study design in Paris? I don't remember signing anything."

--------------------
Stella Del Rey
Codename: Corona
Traveller/Psionic
Academy Student - Sierra
{Stats} {Profile} {Goals}
^
Caesar Drake
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 07:12 PM

HEAD ADMIN - RONIN

McBride raised an eyebrow at Stella's answer. "I did not say that at all, Stella. I simply asked if you never had your powers to start with, how would your life be different? What do you think would have been different for you?" He scanned the small crowd of teenagers and a few faculty. "Gwen? Please set the game down. How would your life be different?"

Griz happened to be walking by with some lumber balanced on his shoulders and stopped. After listening intently for a few moments, he spoke up. "So where would I be without powers? Doesn't sound so hard to answer. ... I probably would have been beaten more often by my father. My job would not have been this one and instead I would be working towards opening my Harley shop to work on and sell Harley motorcycles." With a shrug and a sniff, Griz kept walking back towards the dorms which were close to being finished.

--------------------
"In game terms, reality is broken." - Patrick Kapera, Crafty Games, creator of Spycraft, FantasyCraft and the MasterCraft game system

^
Gwen Stark
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 06:09 AM

GAMER

Gwen continued to sit in silence hearing the answers from some of the other kids, and maybe a faculty member judging by the sound of their voice. But when the headmaster asked her to put her game down, the brunette sighed in frustration; couldn't they see she was content right where she was? They didn't need to listen to her sob story when it was clearly on file, and her powers were the result of some freak accident anyway, so what would have been the point in continuing in the possible uncertain future? But if they needed her to say it and it would get them off of her back...

Pausing the game for the moment, Gwen made eye contact with McBride and managed to reply, "My life wouldn't be any different from the mess it was before I went on that stupid trip..." I didn't want to say anything because I'm pretty sure you all know my 'sob story' anyways, but if it makes you feel any better, my powers were from some freak accident. I'd still be at home, hearing my parents bicker and fight over money and everything else, and I honestly have no freaking idea what I would be doing because of the circumstances and I apparently have no goal in life other than to stop making people upset at me, hence why I have my game systems in the first place so I can avoid being in everyone's way...because I feel that's the one thing in my life I can control. The latter part was said in her head, although she wanted to say it out loud...but then again it would probably be looked at in an unfavorable light if that were the case, so she just left that first sentence as her response and waited for a sign that she could return to her 'world' and avoid this particular line of discussion, since i was making her a bit uncomfortable.

--------------------
^
Caesar Drake
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 10:35 AM

HEAD ADMIN - RONIN

McBride listened for a few moments. "Are you sure it would not be different, Gwen? Your powers would not exist. The game you are playing would be stuck only being on an actually screen. Or is there something else you are not sharing with the group?" He crossed his arms as if he was being judgmental but probably wasn't. "Does anyone else have an answer or should I continue to pester Gwen?"

--------------------

^
Gwen Stark
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:02 AM

GAMER

Hearing the question, the teen had to roll her eyes, thankful she was in the back of the group to where McBride couldn’t see. Did he not read her file? Didn’t he understand her situation before coming here? “Yes. I don’t think everyone here needs to hear how sucky my home life was before I got here...which just so happens to be the reason I’m on my handheld almost all the time to avoid situations like this...because out of everything in the world, the games I have are the one thing I can control, since everything else in my life is spiraling out of control. That and I doubt my home life was going to change anytime soon anyway...so it still would have sucked.”

There. Maybe he would get the message now, or some other person would step in with their possible happy and successful life if they weren’t stuck with having powers whether by accident or birth or whatever. I doubt I had a future worth looking forward to anyways...so what would it matter? Gwen thought, plucking blades of grass from the spot near her, since she couldn’t dive back into her pixelated world for the time being.

--------------------
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options

The Crusaders
Admin | Narrators | Team Leaders | Faculty | Veteran | Agent | Trainee | Student | Validating | Guests

"Game Rules and game design (c) 1998 TSR, Inc. All Rights Reserved." - For Game Mechanics and base power descriptions including Power Stunts & Limits, Callings & Hinderances, Stats, Skills and examples of all those listed prior but not the iconic heroes of the MarvelVerse. No Copyright Infringement Intended. "Game Design (c)1986 TSR, Inc. All Rights Reserved." - For use as guidance in power descriptions ONLY. No Copyright Infringement Intended. "World on Fire and all related factions and characters are (c) Crafty Games and used with permission. All rights reserved."